Wednesday 10 September 2014

THE DREAM OF VIOLA PLAYER: FINALE-APOTHEOSIS

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12711763/?claim=u5t4xj8vphd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
It's my pleasure being with you again, my dear friends! We are just two steps away from the finale of the story.

Last time when we met the Viola Player doll, he got the new hair and turned into a very handsome artistic personage.

The doll fair-exhibition began the next day after the hair cutting and styling. The theme of my doll exposition was "Masks and Masked Doll Characters".  The portrait doll of Mr.Yury Bashmet didn't fit the theme at all. But I was so eager and impatient to show Maestro's new look to the world that I brought him to the fair and simply put the doll on the table before me.  

By the way, I forgot to mention that Mr.Bashmet celebrated his 60th jubilee in January 2013. The celebration was widely covered in the mass media and Maestro attracted a lot of attention at that time.  That was another reason why I wanted to exhibit my Viola Player doll at the March 2013 fair when Yury Bashmet's name was still on everyone's lips.

For three days Mr.Bashmet has been sitting on the Viennese chair holding his feminine-shaped viola and smiling cunningly at the fair guests. Needless to say that he had greater success than my masked dolls. What flattered me a lot is that people especially praised his hands. I was happy! 

On the fair last day when I was busy sewing something at the back of my exhibition cubicle I suddenly heard a voice saying over my head: "Oh, God, luckily you didn't sell him yet!" I raised my eyes and saw a young man pointing to the Viola Player doll. He introduced himself and told me that he was working for Maestro. He had already seen the doll two days ago and decided to buy it as a gift for Mr.Bashmet's jubilee. He photographed the doll on his phone and showed the picture to the musician's close friend. The friend approved the doll and the idea of such gift.  So my customer returned to the fair on the last day to buy the doll. The Viola Player doll was carefully packed and handed to the customer. 

I was so overjoyed that I couldn't remember how the fair ended. Shame on me that I didn't make any picture of the doll while it was exhibited.  After the fair had finished I asked one my friends visiting me those days to share his photos with me.  So the only piece of evidence I have now is this poor phone made picture:
This is the happy end of the story. I do hope that my doll made its own long and hard way to the lucky finale. The best lot for the portrait doll is to be gifted to the prototype. I am extremely happy that it happened to my Viola Player doll. My special thanks to dear Ms.N whose critics, though being rather bold, encouraged me to improve my work and get a better result.

Happy jubilee, dear Maestro! Viva music!


P.S. Dear friends, don't forget to photograph the work you are making! Our creations leave us, but the memory of them should stay with us forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment