Monday 8 September 2014

THE DREAM OF VIOLA PLAYER: MAESTRO'S NEW HAIR

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12711763/?claim=u5t4xj8vphd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
OK, my friends, we are very close to the end of the story.  I won't take much of your attention today.  

Maestro's hands were done and fixed to the doll. It had taken me quite long before I gathered all my courage to redo the hair.  My viola player doll's old hair was of sheep mohair. Being of the right colour it was of the wrong texture: too silky and dim.  Instead of sheep mohair I decided to use goat fur which is rigid and shiny.




It was just a single day left before March 2013 Dolls Exhibition when I got down to work. I peeled off the old hair from the doll's head as it was a potato. The look of the bold viola player was so funny that I simply couldn't stand it.  I glued the new goat shiny hair to the head.  Mr.Bashmet suddenly became very handsome but... he looked like an American Indian! Long straight black hair!  His hair definitely needed some light waving. 

The problem is that I have no curling or waving device at home. But that afternoon I was planning to visit my hairdresser (a good friend of mine) to have my own hair cut. I came to my friend and while she was cutting and drying my hair I asked if she could share any waving device with me.  She smiled, plunged in her working drawers and brought to light this fantastic appliance:

It was gorgeous but no doubt it came from the previous century.  Since I had no choice, I took it. Though being so antique it worked perfect! I heat it over the gas-ring and waved the doll's hair. It took me about 15 minutes to make the hair styling I needed.

I couldn't believe my eyes! Yury Bashmet changed completely. He had an absolutely different look. Now the resemblance was evident.

Let's take a small break, my dear readers.  Next time you will hear the final chord of my Viola Player saga.

Good night!  Take care of your beautiful hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment