Sunday 31 August 2014

THE DREAM OF VIOLA PLAYER: MAESTRO'S NEW HANDS

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12711763/?claim=u5t4xj8vphd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Hello, my dear friends! Are you still here?  It makes me happy to have all your ears:))

Do you remember the severe critics lesson I was taught? How did I take it? I decided to improve my doll. As I told previously, two remarks on my "Viola Player" were absolutely fair: wrong hands and wrong hair. Everything is possible! I can redo both! 

I started with hands. First I studied carefully a lot of Yury Bashmet's photos where his hands can be seen clearly. He has quite a big palm with long fingers of beautiful 
masculine shape. He always wears a massive golden ring on his right little finger. I selected several pictures, laid them before me, and started modelling the Maestro's arms.








I must admit that I never worked on the doll's hands so elaborately. The respected Miss N. told me that hands could be often more important than the face. While sculpturing I realised how right she was! Human hands are so unique and expressive that they have a lot of character in themselves. And when it comes to a portrait doll, THE HANDS MUST REFLECT PORTRAIT RESEMBLANCE AS WELL AS THE FACE.  

I worked hard two days and finally the new hands were ready. Unfortunately I was absolutely stupid because I didn't photograph them.  During the first year of my doll making I wasn't accustomed to take pictures of what I was doing.  I feel so sorry for it now!  The only piece of evidence I have at the present moment is a pair of Mr.Bashmet's "old hands".  Here they are!  Aren't they ugly? 
I keep them as a reminder to myself of the hands' crucial role in the doll's image.  Being ugly they still remain useful to me. 

I will hold on the "new Maestro's hair" story for the next time.  Good night, my dear friends! 

Don't forget how BEAUTIFUL AND IMPORTANT OUR HANDS ARE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment