Friday 15 August 2014

HIPPIE SUSAN (Part 2)

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12711763/?claim=u5t4xj8vphd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Hi folks! I dare to greet you so, since I am making a hippie!

Yesterday I told you how I decided to create a hippie doll.  Today you will learn how I made a guitar for her.


I modelled the doll's head, arms and legs from oven-baked clay, and right at that moment the invitation to the musical instruments masterclass came.  I took it for a good sign: you need a guitar and you have no idea how to make - and .. oops! - all of a sudden you are thrown a desired life-buoy.


I came to the masterclass and said that I need to make a guitar for my hippie doll.  The answer was rather unexpected: "Oh, never mind! We are making a violin here. Forget the guitar." I was confused and opened my mouth to object, by the master-lady had already started explaining the process and distributing the little violin paper patterns to the group. 

My bewildered look was too obvious and the master reassured me: "Don't worry!  For us, dolls makers, guitar and violin are almost identical.  But the point is that violin is more difficult to make.  If you learn how to make it now, you will do you guitar easily. You will see, I promise. Take a seat. Here are your violin patterns."

The next couple of hours I was too busy copying the patterns, modelling violin body from plasticine and sticking paper clay to my mould...  I found myself so deeply absorbed by the process that the perspective of making a "useless" violin didn't bother me.


In fact that "useless" violin turned out very very useful.  But this is a different story to be shared with you later.  As for the guitar, the master was absolutely right: I easily made it at home.


When I covered the guitar with lacquer and fixed the strings to its body, my Susan doll was also finished.  Thus my hippie got her musical instrument.

Now Susan and her guitar are inseparable friends.  The hippie girl is running her fingers over the strings and crooning her favourite song.


Look at them! Aren't they happy?

This picture I used while modelling Susan's face:









No comments:

Post a Comment