Thursday 28 August 2014

MINI-CELLO FOR A TEDDY (Part 3)

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12711763/?claim=u5t4xj8vphd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Coming back to my mini-cello! I jointed the body with the neck and improved the shape of the neck.
Before I continue telling my cello-making story let's examine how are different parts of the cello called:
So now we are cello-smart. I cut f-holes in the body and I also modelled tailpiece from paper clay. 
I painted the f-holes black. Then I cut a small "bridge" detail from carton. I also made some little holes in the body in which the bridge will be inserted later.


I covered my mini-cello with two layers of mordant. I chose the colour of larch.

Now it should be lacquered. I use special furniture lacquer. It has a strong smell, that's why you should better do it on the open air. This is my favourite work stage because after being lacquered the cello turns into a "real" one. Look at it!
Just minor details are left.  I hope to finish my little cute instrument tomorrow.  Follow the theme.

Have a nice day!  Don't forget that WE ARE THE MASTERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment