Saturday 9 August 2014

MINI-CELLO FOR A TEDDY (Part 2)

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12711763/?claim=u5t4xj8vphd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
I continue working on my mini-cello.  Yesterday and today I added a certain amount of paperclay to the boards and made them a bit curved like the real cello's boards are. 

The important point of working with paper clay is that, if you want to get an elaborate shape, you shouldn't make it all at once: you'd better make a little volume of the needed shape, then let it dry and add more paperclay after drying. For the better result you may take up sculpturing your item as many times as you need in order to make the desired shape. Of course, it makes the whole process longer, but a good news is that you will model just for 30-60 min per day.  It will allow you to work on many other things at the same time. 


So I put the cello body aside and started making its neck.  I found good pictures of the real cello to get the clear view of the its neck shape.  First I made a wire frame. I tried to bent it in the right way:

Then I plastered it with a small amount of paperclay - not the whole amont for the needed shape - but just a little bit which is enough to cover the wire:
This is how it looks together with the cello body:
Now the neck is air drying.  I will work on it tomorrow.  Bye-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment