Monday 18 August 2014

VIOLIN OR WOMAN?

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12711763/?claim=u5t4xj8vphd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
In my previous posts I told you how I came to a master class where we must have learnt to make a guitar.  Instead of it we were taught to create a VIOLIN.  
At the class I was the first one to finish modelling a violin from plasticine. I was smoothing its boards when the master said to me: "Look at that beautifully curved violin body! Doesn't it look like a feminine one? Why shouldn't you play with it and perhaps twist it a little bit to give it a human look."  At that moment I didn't quite realised that it was a pure provocation.  I found her suggestion rather tempting and... twisted the plasticine body as she told. The material seemed so soft and pliant in my fingers... I added some mass to the upper side of the front violin board and... I suddenly saw a feminine breast! I worked a bit on this part and it a few minutes it really turned into a teasingly shaped semi-spheres. 


I finished my mould at home.  It looked beautiful - refined female shapes could be easily read in the elegant violin body. When I brought it to the next class, the master praised my work.  I was only doubtful as to further use of such nontrivial instrument.  The master encouraged me to leave as it is: "It will look great if you just put it up on a decorative base.  No need to give it to a doll. It's an absolute "thing-in-itself", so called "per se". 

I was meditating on her words all the time as I was making my violin.  When the instrument was ready, I came to a strong belief that I WILL GIVE IT TO A DOLL. But the doll should be very special.  Someone who can play female violin brilliantly.  A genuine virtuoso!

Who will be this character?  Read my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment